Watercolory Acrylic Experiments

I’m continuing to experiment with painting everyday scenes. These are done on Bristol board and are each about 8 x 10, more or less. I used acrylic paints but watered them down a lot to try for a watercolory kind of look.

You have to think ahead when you’re working like this, I find. Or else not be too worried about uncertain transitions between the objects in the pictures!

I also used an acrylic paint marker to put in some more definitive lines here and there.

Well, it’s fun. I think I’ll try more. By the way, these are all taken from photos of scenes near my house. I did add the people in a couple of them – the picture seemed to be wanting some population.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s