I posted these images not that long ago. Do you remember these middling-sized abstract landscape paintings?
And these postcards?
I was on a landscape kick that was unstoppable and I had a great time with it. As part of it, I painted a LOT of small landscapes, 6″ x 6″ or 5″ x 7″. I felt compelled to created these unknown worlds – the act of painting was intoxicating. I realized that I had come such along way from the year before, when I did not have the concentration, the eyesight, or even the good health to be able to do much artwork at all. What a great feeling.
I’m going to post one of these small paintings a day all winter, 12/21/15 through 3/21/16, and take time out each day to reflect a little on how much things have changed for me in the past year, how my health and my outlook have brightened. Because that’s how I felt as I painted. But then, there is MORE.
I would like to go another step and send out some of my gratitude into the world, if I can. So, from this group of small landscapes, I decided:
I’ll pick a picture. I’ll just grab the one that wants to be the picture of the day. Then I’ll post it, one a day, on the blog, and then I’ll also list it on the Giveaway Page. If you like the painting of the day, email me at the contact info in the post or on the page, and – I will send it to you.
- The first person who asks, gets. I’ll post them at different times of the day so as to try not to favor one time zone or another. I thought about restrictions and limits and my head started to spin, so there aren’t any. I kind of feel each painting will pick its person and I shouldn’t stand in the way?
- The paintings are free. After some thought and doing some math, I will ask if you could pay shipping – $5 to the US and $10 internationally. I will do this by sending you a request to send payment through Paypal – once I’ve received payment and have your postal address I’ll put the painting in the mail.
- No limits to how many you pick (if you want I can hold them here and send them to you all at once).
- I’ll only notify the person who “wins” the painting – so if you don’t hear anything, it was not your turn. I am sorry to be so rude, but, otherwise I may have a lot of emails to answer, and with disappointing news, too, which I will tell you right now will make me sad that I have to say no, so I’d like to avoid it!
- If no one picks a painting, I’ll put it on the Giveaway Page. You can look back at the list any time and choose from the ones available.
- I will send my heartfelt good wishes to the recipient with the painting. Open the package and they will fly out and surround you, I guarantee.
- At the end, I’ll leave the paintings on the page for a little while, and then, those that remain, I plan to donate or leave in the park or give to random strangers or…because then, it will be spring!