I did some clay work in October, a variety of items. Among them were some tiles.
I had earlier rolled out terracotta clay, lowfire, into rough rectangles about 6″ x 6″. I fired them and set them aside. So I had a good supply to draw from when I was ready to work.
Using Velvet underglazes for all the color work, I first painted the background black, going short of the edges. Then I did the colors. As I have been, I used a ball tool to scrape through the almost-dry color down to the black – this allows for the outlines. And easy technique and very useful.
Terracotta clay, fired to cone 06. Here they are…