Continuing my obsession with cat tiles, here are some more, made in October, 2016.
They are all done on white lowfire clay. I rolled out leftover clay from other projects to make the tiles; that accounts for the irregular shapes. I bisque-fired them and then got to work painting the cats – I used Velvet underglazes.
I painted the surface of each tile in a color, usually black, but not always – let it dry, and then did the cat image on top, scratching through the colors down to the base color to make lines. So you can see that the outlines vary from cat to cat, depending on what color I used. I liked this little twist to the process.